Many companies dread an HMRC audit.
When it comes to company mileage records, these fears are well-founded:
If HMRC uncovers poor record-keeping or private usage of business-paid fuel, it can trigger punishing charges.
Typical HMRC settlement costs for private fuel benefit average £3,500 per driver per year, dating back four years. For a fleet of 25 vehicles, that could lead to a settlement of £350k, plus penalties.
Yet with MileageCount, all journeys can be recorded precisely and automatically. Developed in conjunction with Big 4 accountancy expertise, it’s the most efficient way to save time, save money and save worry about HMRC audits.
Follow these easy steps to help minimise HMRC mileage audit worries:
- Select and set up the mileage recording method that best suits you
- When you drive MileageCount automatically records mileage
- Upload your journeys to the MileageCount portal
- MileageCount intuitively helps you sort business and private trips
- Check and submit your mileage claim
- A manager approves your submission